and send the following documents to VisaHQ:
Chinese visa application form. Upon order completion, please download, print and sign China visa application, prepared by our system under your account.
Original, signed Canada passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Passport-type photograph: 1. Photo size MUST be 33 mm x 48mm and taken within the last 6 months, with certification of the photographer on the back of the photo.
Driver's license. Copy of driver's license or utility bill, showing the applicants name and current address.
Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.
Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations.
If visiting friends or family, you must provide a letter of invitation from the host in China. The letter must be signed and should be address to the "Consulate of China, Visa Section." The letter must contain the following information:
• Personal information of the applicant: Name, gender, date of birth, and passport details
• Details of the visit: Dates, purpose, places to visit, and places of accommodation
• Details of the inviting party: Name, address, phone number, and relationship to the applicant
You will also need to provide a copy of both sides of the host's Chinese ID, or, if they are not a citizen of China, copies of their China residence permit and their national passport's information pages. The form that can act as a Letter of Invitation from your friend or family member can also be found here
If you are a dual passport holder, please provide a copy of your second passport as well as any Chinese visas issued inside of it. Please be aware that the Chinese embassy may request the physical passport to be submitted rather than a copy.
Additional requirements for applicants born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan
• Chinese name. The applicant's name written in Chinese characters.
• Proof of name change. If the applicant's name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
• Original Chinese passport. Applicant's original Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Applicants that have been issued a previous Chinese visa, can submit a copy of the previous visa and a copy of the information pages of the passport containing the visa in place of the original Chinese passport.
Additional requirements for applicants born in Hong Kong
• Original ID. Applicant's Original Hong Kong ID.
Persons with a Criminal Record
If a person has a criminal record, the Chinese Embassy requires a personal letter stating the following information:
• State that you will not commit any criminal activity while in China.
• State that you will adhere to the laws in China.
• Explain the criminal activity.
Persons of Tibetan origin
You must make a personal appearance at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center to process your visa if you are a person of Tibetan origin. The Visa Application Service Center will require additional documents in order to process your visa and VisaHQ is unable to assist in these procedures.
Persons with Occupation Related to Media
If you are a media professional or employed by a media company, even if you are not traveling for business purposes, you must submit a letter from your employer on company letterhead and your own letter, indicating that you are not traveling on company business and will not be performing any media related work.
Employees of Religious Organizations
If applicant is working in a religious organization ranging from bishops to a secretary at a school, they must submit a letter and specifically state that the applicant will not engage in any form of proselytizing during their stay in China.
Additional required documents for former Chinese nationals
The Consulate of China in Canada requires former Chinese nationals to submit their original Chinese passport (even if expired) in order to acquire a visa. They may also ask for original Canadian Citizenship Certificate/Card. Please call our toll-free line to double check what requirements you need to supply.